Monday 9 October 2017

How soon do people update their relationship status?

There isn’t a lot to update really, Monday’s date didn’t happen, he’d put me off a bit by telling me he was chunky, now I know that when a woman thinks she’s ‘chunky’ the likelihood is that she isn’t really but I find a man that say’s he’s ‘chunky’ normally turns out to be chunky and some. So I had a little root through his FB photos (that I could see without adding him) and I could tell that his Tinder photo’s were old and then he threw his toys out in a message on Monday so it was perfect timing really, so I went to the gym instead and enjoyed it probably more than I would have a disappointing date.

The guy from Saturday’s date has been in touch a fair bit, he’s now added me on whatsapp, he even tried flirting over the weekend (I think he’d had a couple of drinks) he didn’t do a great job of it to be honest. So this weekend he’s been away in Bruges with his Mum for her 70th.

Now, once you add someone to your contacts Facebook picks it up and it did the same with him, so I clicked on it, his status is on the first page and say’s ‘married’ now for me that rings an alarm bell.
He’s told me that he is married (getting divorced kinda married at that) that they have been split up since January but are currently living in the same house until the divorce comes through and they settle things but surely you’d have removed it from your status?

It took me a while with W@nk Bag, by a while I mean 2-4 weeks, as I wasn’t ready to have everyone asking, it was all too raw and I was upset but then I’d told NO ONE for two weeks anyway, not even my best friend, probably because we were having a ‘break’ to decide if it was what I really wanted and I didn’t want the world to see me break, by the time I changed my status I was stronger and I was ready for the questions, in fact at first I didn’t change it, I just removed it.

But 9 months? 9 months without changing it, removing it? That’s not normal right? So I mentioned it, he said he wants to get things sorted in the real world before anyone else and that it was lucky he’d told me the truth from the start (which he did) but I feel a bit uncomfortable about that still, should I?
He also sent me a photo of him in Bruges and he has less hair that his Tinder photos for sure (I did think that on the date but the photo has confirmed it) why do men use old photo’s on their profiles?
If you remember the first date I said that there weren’t any sparks but he seemed a nice guy and I would be willing to give a second date a whirl, now I just don’t know!

He also sent me a Meme about divorce papers and a man smiling, saying that would soon be him, now I take marriage really seriously (that's why I've never managed it) and I don't get people being happy about it, I get that it happens but I don't get celebrating failure and to me that's exactly what divorce means, you have promised to love and be faithful to someone for the rest of their lives and you've failed at that, it's not something to joke about for me. 


I got an invite to Paris for this weekend on a first date with someone from Tinder, I do actually think he was serious, he flew out Friday morning and is flying home Tuesday but had the weekend free, I had plans anyway but it was a tempting offer, however can you imagine if we’d met and didn’t like each other? How great would it have been if we had though? Anyway I said no but we’ve chatted this weekend and he’s kept telling me how much better it would have been with me there, we do have plans for a date later this week, lets see if that one happens! 

No comments:

Post a Comment