Sunday 22 May 2011

The week from hell

I went back to work on Monday after being off with a chest infection, I was there less than 10 minutes and that included being told I was going into redundancy consultation, oh the joy, I had to go back to the Dr on Tues and she signed me off until tomorrow with another lot of antibiotics to boot, I have been feeling rather ropey all week but I think it's starting to ease.

My redundancy consultation starts tomorrow, now there's something to look forward to eh?

The dating front has been slow but POF is throwing e-mails at me like e-mail is going out of fashion! I've been inundated and asked on some dates too, I'll have to add them all to here in the coming days, I haven't said yes to any yet as I'm waiting to see what happens tomorrow.

Friday I went on a mission to drown my sorrows, I NEVER fail when I'm on a mission and it was so bad that I was still hungover yesterday, not a good sign, horse riding with a hangover is not a good plan and the pocket rocket that is Max nearly had me off, luckily I am still in one piece!

Friday night I had the guy that keeps offering me the holiday to Dubai asking if I'd go, I can't imagine that I'll do it because I'm too well behaved generally but it seems such a shame to turn it down, I could do with a holiday more than ever at the moment.

We were all supposed to be coming back here on Friday after closing however we lost two on the way as they were going to join us and it ended up being me and two of the lads, one has been here before and is a difficult one, he does have a girlfriend but is also very fit and a little bit of a charmer, the other is someone I don't know that well but see regularly, anyway we all came back for drinks and I turned the first one down when he wanted more as I told him I didn't want to play the other woman and actually I want to wake up with someone in the morning and not have the guilt, he left with the hump (or not as may have been the problem!)

The other one went to the toilet and didn't come back, I found him asleep in my bed! I eventually went to bed (in night clothes) and made it quite clear that he was only sleeping and nothing else, he did try a couple of times but got no where, he left for work in the morning.

I have been talking to a guy on POF for some time now (not in the frequency of the Space Cadet or anywhere near) but we have now decided that it's time for a date, he says he's going to Wow me with his Awesomeness, I said I'd like this but it's not happened so far, we will see, a if it happens and b if he is able to wow me, I'd really like him to if I'm honest, I'm not sure as yet what I'm going to call him.

I also have a couple of others e-mailing regularly, we will see what happens there.

Mr Spaniel is someone from POF that I have recently added to Facebook, if I'm honest I only looked at his profile because he has a gorgeous puppy on his picture but he seems nice and normal, we've talked a couple of times on Facebook chat but I hate the fact that it keeps logging me off so we have exchanged numbers and done a bit of texting, it doesn't feel a little one sided at times but then it totally changes, I am a little worried about getting into the same situation as I did with the Space Cadet (yep still in touch daily) and it be lots of messages and no anything else, I don't want to do this again and get involved in something that's not happening, I'm rather tempted to just ask if we're going to meet up and then delete him if not, is that bad?

There is another one now texting me from POF who I think we'll call Musicman (you can probably guess a little of what he does from that?!) Nearly 32, nice looking and another bloody Leo, why do I keep going for Leo's when I know that it never works out with them? My ex is a Leo, Space Cadet is a Leo, Video Boy is a Leo...........

Flowers Boy was due to take me out to dinner this week but to be honest I felt a bit guilty, he wasn't just intending on dinner but Michelin starred dinner and I'm just not sure I can accept, lovely as it would be, I cancelled (again I know) due to the issues at work.

I'm not sure when I should change my dating profile to 'jobless bum' can't see that pulling many decent men can you?!

No comments:

Post a Comment