Saturday 15 January 2011

Video Boy

I met this one on http://www.eharmony.co.uk/ all sounded promising, again over 6 feet tall, dark and not bad looking (yes you will see a pattern appearing lol!) We talked for a while on the site and he kept asking to meet, so I eventually said yes and we were due to meet on a bank holiday Monday in August, it was a mad weekend, party central here and I was out all weekend, I was determined that I wasn't drinking on the Sunday to be ready for the Monday, which was to be my first proper date in over five years, well that went right out of the window on a messy hot Sunday with lots of drinking (and eating of vodka jelly) and bands, The Knight in Shining Leathers also ended up staying the night so by Monday I can't say I was looking forward to the date with a hangover very much, I checked my phone in the morning (complete with a sleeping knight next to me!) to find out that video boy was sick and I have to say that I was pleased about that!

Eventually on a Thursday night about a month later the date took place in a gorgeous pub (more gastropub I guess) about 45 minutes from my house, it went rather well, no awkward silences, he talked for ages about his business as a wedding videographer and as I was due to be Bridesmaid a few months later we had lots to talk about, the pub shut and we moved to the car and continued talking for hours, all good it seemed apart from I really wasn't sure I fancied him and he was a bit concerned about the distance between us (over an hour in the car) we left and I had a text before I arrived home saying he'd really enjoyed himself and could we go out again, to which I agreed.

The second date was a bit slower than the first, he again picked a great little pub but I was a little concerned at how much he mentioned money and how much I must earn, he also said that his sister who owns the business gives him money as and when needed which I thought was a little odd, he also lives at home with his parents at 34 and I still wasn't sure that there was any chemistry going on, the date was fine but we called it a night as the pub closed and date three was arranged, I'd talked to lots of friends and had been told that maybe as we were getting on the rest may come later.

On the day of date three I decided that I didn't think it would happen so cancelled, since then we have had a couple of conversations but the bit that I find most interesting was seeing him appear on http://www.plentyoffish.com/ the other day, the thing is his profile doesn't seem to show the person that he actually is, it portrays someone that plays a lot of sport (the nearest he gets is watching in on the TV these days from what I can make out!) has a business of his own (well kind of!) I did have to laugh to be fair, surely they realise that you'll find out that these things aren't true?!

No comments:

Post a Comment