Tuesday 25 August 2020

EXFX - Continued...........

I've seen him a couple of times since the night I got soaked on the way home from his house. 

His flirt game has upped in his very own quite niche way, which is using terminology such as his 'balls are always happy when I'm around' (I know, go figure) or do I want him to make a diversion and come to mine after he's been out (it's a small village and he lives approx 3 minutes walk away from me and has to not far walk past my road) 

He came over one evening on the pretext of giving me a massage but he's not very good at massage apparently so didn't, however he did take me to bed for a bit (still didn't quite get to sex) but he did actually remember it was was a two person event this time, that's positive right?

He's not the best communicator, it can be every day, once a week, longer, who knows, I usually let him initiate contact though, he's normally first and it's rare I suggest we see each other, he does the leg work. 

I guess we still talk fairly regularly but I like a bit more consistency and I probably do favour at least daily communication and it's quite rare we have that between us, although sometimes we do...... yeah, I guess it's a bit like that really! I am used to it with him though and I've now learned not to overthink it with him. A phrase I'm going to use is one I'd like to live by more really 'it is what it is' 

He works in timber and I've had some stuff from them recently for the garden (that was a funny conversation when my carpenter called them and he answered and the phone was passed to me - he said he nearly didn't recognise my posh voice, I mean I've never spoken to him on the phone before so why would he?! I've been waiting on the developer to make changes to the wall and then for the trellis from his company to go up, once the wall was up I sent him a photo, he said he didn't think I needed the trellis anymore but said he'd come over and have a look if I wanted a second opinion, which I did. 

We had a couple of days of his version of flirting and asking me if I'd put the pool up yet and when he asked me on the Sunday I said that I was going to put it up but that he would be going in it, he said he didn't want to go in it, he'd asked me for several days if I'd put it up yet, why wouldn't you?

He messaged a little later and asked if I was in, said he'd pop round and that I would see him before I heard him, meaning he was driving, I told him that was very lazy and he should leave the car at home, he said he was already out. 

He turned up, minus the car and I commented that it was nice he had actually done as he was told for once, we went to sit outside with a drink, he had said in the week he had a pop rivet gun and would fix my kitten pen for me, so he got me to take me up and show him, realising that it was more complicated than he'd originally thought. 

As we walked back downstairs he said something about not having eaten so I offered a sandwich, he said he was fine but he'd like a kiss and pulled me into him, he got a bit hot and steamy in the hall and he suggested going up to bed, I told him that he'd be getting in the pool first...... I mean it did seem like he needed to cool off?

As I pulled my shorts off he commented about me getting ready for the pool, I said that I'd always been getting in and had my bikini on underneath, he changed into his trunks and got in the pool, I mean it took him ages and he moaned a lot about how cold it was (it really wasn't that cold, it was over 30 and sunny, the pool was lovely) he stayed in about half hour and then got out, I got out too and came in to go to the loo, as I walked back through the house he was standing there, keen to get back to where we'd been before the pool, we went up to my room and I think we may have got to sex this time apart from 'have you got any protection' to which I explained that not even condoms have that long on their expiry date! 

I've not had sex with anyone in 4/5 years so any I have had in that time have gone out of date and been chucked away, in fact not even just one box has met its fate like this, if I was seeing someone I think I'd have time to preempt it moving on and rectify that but I've not been sure that we'll ever get there. 

Again we never quite got there, I'm still not back on that horse. He cuddled me for a bit and we chatted for a while before he got dressed and went home. 

Although it was more normal as it was an afternoon I still feel like the getting dressed and going home bit makes it feel a bit transactional? 

I had to order some hinges for the kitten pen, so I messaged him when they arrived, he said he could possibly do it that day and then a bit later that he was tired, when I didn't hear anymore from here I assumed he wasn't coming over.....

It was just over a week later that I heard from him but he has been away for the weekend with friends and only got back Monday night. 

The Trellis has posed a problem, it needs to go back but my carpenter wants to take it back when he's there so has asked me to contact him to find out when he is in work but I didn't want to contact him because it's rarely me that makes the first move, the carpenter just knows we're friends, so he probably wonders why I'm stalling, instead of being more keen on getting my money back, truth is I'm stalling because I didn't want to be making the first move at getting in touch. 

On Tuesday night I had the lovely date with The Pilot, you know the sort of date that you get carried away from, when you turn up and they actually look and sound how you expect, they haven't lied about themselves, they look like their photos, the conversation flows and you get home and get a message saying they'd like to see you again, followed by actually arranging to see you again............ yes, those weird and wonderful dates that nearly NEVER happen to me! 

And a few hours later XBFX sends a message about coming over, I'd had nothing in over a week..... I didn't want to make a decision because I don't know what's going on in the background with either of them. I do worry about ruining the friendship between XBFX and I but it was only just over a week ago that we were talking about a group of guys that go away on 'boys weekends' and cheat on their respective partners, he said that 'chance would be a fine thing' when he's away and I'm not sure that didn't really tell me all I need to know. 

Then Thursday brought Date Two with The Pilot, which was just as good as Date One, all of my multi dating theories went out of the window as I now wouldn't want to go on a date with anyone else until we know where we are and have explored things further. I said that there wasn't a hurry as the date I originally needed it for had passed and I had a few weeks before the next one, we had a quick chat, he's still got things going on at work and that was it...................

Until I bumped into him on Saturday night, while I was walking home with his ex, her boyfriend and one of his mates, he's read my message and hasn't replied, so I'm guessing that I'm in the dog house. 

He also appeared on my Tinder feed last night (I'm not on there because I'm looking to date, I'm on there because I feel if The Pilot's still dating I should at least be looking) 

I had a Facebook notification this morning reminding me that it was a year ago he first came to the house after getting in touch again, we spent the evening in the garden, having a drink while looking at the stars in my beautiful new house (it wasn't romantic like it sounds!!) 

Life is never simple around here is it?

No comments:

Post a Comment