Monday 14 February 2011

V Day/D Day/Real Me Day

Well it's here, it's Valentines Day and the first one I've spent alone in 10 years, today was always going to be about celebrating getting through the last year, it's not been the easiest one I've had, this time last year my world was falling apart, it's amazing what difference 12 months can make.

I did have a couple of points in the day that were tough but work kept me busy and then two of the girls and my neighbour were coming around for dinner and champagne in the evening.

Well it all went well, when they neighbour turned up with a red rose for each of us girls and chocs for me I could have cried, bless him.

A good night was had, not morbid about what has passed, all of my firsts have been done now and I can honestly say I'm not sorry to see the end of that one, some has been amazing and some has been awful, the awful has gone and the amazing will continue, onwards and upwards from now on.

Oh despite some near misses I won the bet of being single for a year.

Lock up your sons, Valentines Day's over and the bet has been won ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment