Saturday 20 August 2011

Squaddie Date

Well the nerves set in on Thursday as I arrived in the guardroom and called him to tell him I was there, I was actually in the wrong place so it took him about 15 mins to find me which did nothing to help my nerves to be honest!

When I rang he'd just got out of the shower and he wasn't exactly what I was expecting when he turned up to meet me in shorts, rugby top and sporting a ginger beard! (If you remember I don't do hairy men anyway but ginger?!)

As he was booking me in they asked if I'd been there before to which I said no, he was saying what if you'd brought a girl home and when they ask that she says yes? Well as they took my photo a guy came to book a girl in and as they asked her the question I burst into giggles, my photo said it all really, lots of chuckles!

It was all very laid back, a bit like it is on the texts/e-mails really, we had lots to talk about, a fair bit in common and we actually got on really well.

He told me I looked really nice before we went out, the meal was fantastic, being vegetarian mean's it's normally a bit crap but not this time, he drove so I could have a glass of wine but due to needing to be up in the morning we left pretty early and went to Tesco to get some sandwiches for the Friday and some more drinks, we were both a bit dressed up for Tesco to be honest, including killer heels! (Me, not him I must add!)

We didn't stop talking really but then we are both the kind of people that will talk to anyone, so I'm not sure if it was liking eachother or just that?!

We went back and watched some TV over some more wine, we decided we should go to bed as we had a 5.00 AM start, so he got the sofa bed out and I got changed before both getting ready for bed.
Once we were in bed (well me in bed and him on sofa bed) we both decided we weren't ready to sleep so put the film back on, which we watched until we both fell to sleep.

Up at 5.00 we got ready and headed out to the track day, he got there first as he was on a bike and my sat nav got me lost, he went straight to say hello to my friend who was working there, which I have to say I was really impressed with and if you'd known my ex you would understand, he required constant baby sitting and wouldn't really talk to my friends, I got a text before I got there saying 'Ginger beard, really? and I have to say I knew what she meant, he's not my type at all, he's chubbier than I'd normally go for, he's not pretty like I like them but all I can say is there is something about him that I quite like.

He was in a garage with his friend that was there and I spent my time flitting between my friends that were working there, talking to the customers and staff and him, it was really nice that he didn't feel the need to be in eachothers pockets all day and he was happy to come and talk to my friends, we got him some free tuition too which was good and he was chuffed to bits that he got his knee down, I got some cracking photo's of the day too, so all was good really.

My friend had told the owner of the company that I was on a date with the guy I'd booked on, so he asked me first thing, with Squaddie standing there, it's lucky he could take it I think! I told him to bugger off and when he said he'd ask Squaddie I told him it would be the last work he'd get out of me if he did so he shut up lol!

He gave me a hug goodbye at the end of the day and we both said we'd had a lovely time.

Have heard from him since, just general chat, track days, photo's etc, my friend that introduced us asked him how it went so he told me to tell her to stop fishing lol!

Feeling a little mixed up about it today, I seem to be surrounded by men that would like to go out with me but any that I actually like don't seem to feel the same, how do I do it? I should have expected it, I had the 'eeeeeekkkkkkk' feeling in the week, the same as I'd had before meeting the Space Cadet, so I knew it would either be good or bad just like it was with him, I'm sure if you gave me a room full of men I would only like those that didn't like me!

Why am I so rubbish with the males of the species?!














No comments:

Post a Comment